Glenn's Junk Chest

An assortment of Glenn's writings, photography, gaming resources, flash movies, and other creative output.


Friday, January 28, 2005

Gaming: Spike's Journal Updated

I've written a new entry for Spike's Journal, which has just passed 2000 visits. Occassionally I check the logs, and I find it gratifying that with fair frequency, people stop by and spend more than an hour reading the story so far. According to a recent commenter, Spike's Journal has been mentioned in the back of Knights of the Dinner Table #98, which is nice if true. My wife is going to track down a copy for me.

It's actually proving to be something of a writing challenge, however, because of the unpredictable nature of D&D games. It's hard for me to foreshadow, for instance, or begin new plot threads, when I don't yet know what's going to happen, and can only control it to a very limited extent. Hell, the party has come close to dying twice, so I have to wonder what exactly I'll do if Spike should cash it in. That said, it's been a very rewarding experience, and I'm beginning to hope that I can follow Spike all the way through the dungeon. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home