Glenn's Junk Chest

An assortment of Glenn's writings, photography, gaming resources, flash movies, and other creative output.


Friday, August 26, 2005

Blog: Photo of the Day

Well, in anticipation of my 5000th visitor, I've decided to add a new feature to the Junk Chest, the Photo of the Day on the right sidebar. Unless otherwise indicated, all photos will be mine, and will represent my attempt to pick out the best of my photography from a variety of subjects. I'm primarily an event photographer, thanks to my professional wedding photography background, so many of these photos will be from things like parades and renaissance fairs. While I'm sure that an occasional family photo or vacation photo will sneak in, my intention is to mostly stay away from that sort of thing and concentrate more on photos that might be of general interest. Feedback, as always, is welcome.

Right now, almost all photos are taken with my beloved Canon Digital Rebel, for which I have a variety of lenses. Since I am not usually working in a professional capacity, most of the really snazzy event shots are taken with my 300mm zoom lens, since, lacking the aegis of authority, I can't get in really close to the action with a shorter lens.

Note that the day-to-day updating is handled by Javascript, so if you don't have that turned on, you won't see the photo. Let me know if there are any browsers where the update isn't happening and I'll try to fix it.

Update: People that come to this entry directly, such as from my yahoo 360 page's feed, won't see the picture thumbnail on the sidebar unless they go to the main page of my blog, where today's image is shown. To help with this, I have added text links to item page sidebars. For people who are catching up, here are the 1st, 3rd and 4th photos.

6 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn, I would like to see a few words about the photo: when, where, and why it was taken.

Larry

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Glenn said...

OK, I tend to agree. I've added a title and blurb to the full view of each photo.

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Liana said...

Glenn forgot to mention that you have to click on the phot to bring up the full size one to get the descriptions.

 
At 5:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel these comments should list the date as well as the time. Is that under your control or a "feature" of blogspot? Lian's blog does the same thing.

Larry

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

Yeah, I've thought this was pretty dumb myself. Alas, it appears to beyond my current ability to change. I'll keep an eye out for solutions.

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glenn, for the past two days, I have only recieved broken links or page not found errors for your photo of the day.

Larry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home