Glenn's Junk Chest

An assortment of Glenn's writings, photography, gaming resources, flash movies, and other creative output.


Saturday, July 15, 2006

My Photos on the Web

Used with a Creative Commons License:
- in an Open Political Protest Letter. (Machine translated from Spanish)
- in a weird blog entry that uses my fireworks photo (oddly) to represent a dangerous party mishap with an acetylene-filled balloon.
- as a humorous photo entry in a blog.
- in an admiring blog post about my Body Language photo.

Used in ways that are probably "fair use" under copyright law:
- in one of those blogs that aggregates links to pictures of pretty women.
- in a blog's list of interesting links for 6/6/6.
- in a blog's photo of the day for May 5th, 2006.
- in a blog's discussion of a hail storm that struck our area (links at the bottom).
- in a photo blog cherry picking photos that were in flickr's top 500 interestingness for a day.
- in a photo blog cherry picking photos self-identified by their posters as being some of their better or more interesting work.
- My photo of Rose's last days at preschool was featured on a website about South African Montessori schools. It looks like they rotate through images, so it probably won't be there forever.

Used with permission
-On the Isthmus paper's thedailypage.com website, as one of their Madison Snaps.
-A portion of a photo of plaster buddhas is now being used on the Media e Società web page. (Here's a babelfish translation from the Italian.)
-A photo of Polly and Ivy is being used by the Kansas University Special Education department website.

Used without permission in ways that don't technically constitute fair use, but which I've no real objection to:
- in a blog post about Arizona's cyber education initiative.
- in a blog post about the madison chapter of the Belegarth foam fighting organization.

Finally, the photo of my daughter Rose eating sushi was apparently used on this Japanese blog page, but I can't find where. Perhaps it's been taken down.

5 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger José María Mateos said...

Hi,

I'm the writer of the Open Political Protest Letter in Spanish. I just want to thank you in person for your photograph. It really served me well.

Best regards.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

Awesome! Glad it worked for you!

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture that I listed as a favorite on my blog is the best candid image of a girl I've ever seen. That was an instant favorite, if there ever was one. I must applaud your art of photography. Truly inspiring.

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Glenn said...

Joy, thank you, that's very flattering. It is, indeed, one of my most popular photos.

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger José María Mateos said...

One question, by the way: how did you learn about my using your photograph? Is there any tool for tracking links back to your Flickr photos?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home