Glenn's Junk Chest

An assortment of Glenn's writings, photography, gaming resources, flash movies, and other creative output.


Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Glenn: Status

Well, there are a number of things going on right now.
  • Most of us are feeling better, but Ivy is sick.
  • Liana and I laid a lot of groundwork for the Avarrè campaign setting, more is on the way. There are crude maps now.
  • I'm working on a flash-based character sheet display program for use as a wiki extension. It will read XML data that will contain one or more characters at one or more power levels in one or more rulesets. You can see the current state of development here. If it's not exciting, check back in a day or so.
  • I have a long entry for Spike's Journal about three quarters written, but It keeps breaking down into a rambling blow-by-blow which is not at all the feel I'm going for with the journal. I think I need to pick a theme for the post and leave out some detail.
  • I set up a gmail account today, and decided to use it as the contact email for this blog. You should see the email link on the sidebar. Posting the email address to the web at large ought to really put its spam-filtering to the test. Conclusion so far: It's fairly impressive for a web-based email system.
  • In other Google tidbits, the customization feature for Google News means I can customize my news page to not show sports, and the super-cool Google Maps now works with Safari.
  • I'm beginning to put together the film list for my film party at OddCon, but I've decided not to put the list on the web. If you're curious, email me.
  • There's a similar list for my film party at Confusion, which is the convention-in-miniature my friends and I have in Door County. I designed the logo this year.
  • I've seen the newest Dr. Who. It's great, and still very doctor-who-ish. It's also really strange to see the internet play a role in a Dr. Who episode, since the last episode was in 1989. I hope that someone will show it state-side for those of you who can't or don't want to download TV episodes.
  • In other film news, Clotho (my Business) did a lot of the heaving lifting for the Wisconsin Film Fest website. Though I personally was working on other projects, and won't want to attend, since I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on March 31st.

3 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your map. Is there a mountainous region in Horab famous for its mustard?

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger Glenn said...

Hmm... I haven't written anything but the small description for Horab yet, but I could see that the southern tip of the Dwarfmounts might be a mountain called Mt. Horab. Maybe they produce a fine mustard there, I'll see if I can work it in without being too goofy about it.

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

Wired says the Doctor Who episode may have been leaked deliberately. It is of very high quality. My understanding is that the BBC wants to put more TV shows online, but that there's some sort of tiff with the actor's union over the rights to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home