Glenn's Junk Chest

An assortment of Glenn's writings, photography, gaming resources, flash movies, and other creative output.


Thursday, May 12, 2005

Photos: Confusion 2005

For the past three years, my family heads up to Sturgeon Bay to hook up with a dozen or so other families for an event we call Confusion. In general, the idea is to enact a science-fiction convention in miniature, with as many of the trappings as practically possible. As I do at Oddcon (a real SF con), I run a movie room, but other activites abound, and this year, as in previous years, we had plenty to do. Here are some photos.
Ivy Prepares to Travel
Rose Readies for the Art Show
Gaming in Living Greyhawk
Dread Pirates Bill and Griffin

I'm also working on a quarterly newsletter to help us plan for next year, which looks like it will be in late March. I'll post a link to the newsletter here for people that don't want to track down the dead tree version.

6 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

G,

I'm getting "error on page" messages when I try to click for larger images.

And, by the bye, how would one game in dead Greyhawk? (Or, for a more parallel structure, "gaming in mouldering Greyhawk".)

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Artillery MKV said...

Oh Masterful Doctor John, how little you know! Living Greyhawk is a greal scheme that WotC came up with to allow the Greyhawk universe to be played in interactively by a bunch of people who (used to) pay for the privilidge. The players actions affect the world, and depending on where you live determines what part of the world you get the play in. GMs are sent official modules, etc. Results are tallied and the greatest results from a particular event determine what happens in the game world.
It's pretty slick!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Glenn said...

I can't explain the Error messages that you're getting, John. It seems to be working for me. I'll give it more thought.

 
At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The code works fine on the other images, just not the set of four associated with this post. I'll try from home this evening and see if that makes a difference.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and for the Living Greyhawk, now that Kevin has reminded me, I have heard of this, and it is pretty clever. Suitably experienced GMs (do they accrue XP?) get to run games at cons, don't they?

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger Seth Johnson said...

I'm getting the error messages on the photos, too. Weird.

I have an old gaming buddy (pre-Madison, if you can believe it) whose gaming passion has been entirely consumed by Living Greyhawk. He hits most of the major cons each year specifically to play in RPGA LG events.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home