Glenn's Junk Chest

An assortment of Glenn's writings, photography, gaming resources, flash movies, and other creative output.


Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Four Series

Some series I'm considering reading to my girls.

The Deed of Paksenarrion, 1st book: Sheepfarmer's Daughter, by Elizabeth Moon.
The Honor Harrington books, 1st book: On Basilisk Station, by David Weber
The Belgariad, 1st book: Pawn of Prophecy, by David Eddings
Arrows of the Queen, 1st book: Arrows of the Queen, by Mercedes Lackey

3 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Blogger Chris Dolan said...

I have never read David Weber, but I liked the other three a lot. I remember thinking Arrows seemed a little juvenile, so that might be good. Paksenarrion was somewhat gritty -- wouldn't be my first choice for pre-teens. I LOVED Belgariad as an adolescent but the series definitely goes downhill.

Other possible choices: Brian Jacques (Redwall), Ursula K LeGuin (Wizard of Earthsea), Lawrence Watt Evans (Misenchanted Sword, etc), Joel Rosenberg (Guardians of the Flame), Heechee (Frederick Pohl), Isaac Asimov (I, Robot)

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Glenn said...

You know, I don't think I've ever read the Lawrence Watt Evans stuff, I'll look into it.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is very interesting for me to read this article. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to them. BTW, try to add some photos :).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home