Glenn's Junk Chest

An assortment of Glenn's writings, photography, gaming resources, flash movies, and other creative output.


Sunday, November 14, 2004

Family: 6th Anniversary Poem

My Perfect Nerd Wife

It's been said, by many a man,
    That women are not quite the same,
They show different moods,
They like different things,
    And sometimes it seems like a shame.

But I know, each day of my life,
    That I'm the world's luckiest guy,
For I have a wife,
A wonderful wife,
    And mostly we see eye to eye.

For every day we spend together,
    We do things we
both think are fun.
She hangs out at cons,
Owns two sets of dice,
    She even likes movies with guns.

There are many games I wish to play,
    Sitting next to the girl I adore.
She plays them with me,
And each passing year,
    I find I enjoy her company more.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger Glenn said...

Ah, poetry. I don't feel like I'm very good at poetry. I hate it when it doesn't rhyme, but when I try to make it rhyme, the structure of the poem gets in the way of whatever meaning I'm trying to put into it.

However, my wife is aware that I have, on occassion, written other poems, and has mentioned to me in the past that she wishes I'd write her one, so I felt like I sooner or later, I needed to make the attempt. Right now, money is a little tight, and I don't have any for a nice gift, so I thought I'd try this instead.

Happy Anniversary, Liana. I love you!

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Seth Johnson said...

Awww....

Congrats on six years, you two! May you have at least 4d6x10 more!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home